Much of Dr Karen ‘s work is with Families and Couple Relationships. Regarded as one of Australia’s Leading Relationship and Parenting Authorities she uses a range of modalities to enable couples to understand the different language styles each person uses. Once this is understood the way they communicate is enhanced, conflict decreased, and both partners connection is enriched.
The range of modalities Dr Karen utilises in her therapy is broad. Her vast experience and education enable her to use a combination of a variety of treatments created for every individual client. Some of her therapeutic work involves CBT, Solution Based, Gestalt, EFT, Transactional Analysis (TA), plus much more. Dr Karen teaches a variety of therapies to other Counsellors, Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists.
By using a variety of specific therapies designed for each person enables transformation, growth and reconnection.
Dr Karen has had extensive training allowing her to work with individuals, couples and corporate professionals to identify repetitive patterns of behaviours and to change psychological structures that promote personal growth in relationships and client’s careers.
- PhD of Philosophy in Sociology
- Masters in International Family Studies
- Grad. Dip. Counselling, major Family Therapies & Children
- Diploma of Professional Counselling
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Certified Virtual Gastric Band Practitioner
- Naturopathic Nutritionist
- Herbal Medicine Practitioner
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Certificate III in Disability
- Registered Therapist with Workcover NSW
- Level 2 E.F.T. Practitioner
- Appointed Family Mediator with Attorney General’s Dept (FDRP)
- Fitness Leader and Sports Coach